Food and Beverage Manager Job Description
Location: Port Alfred, Eastern Cape
Purpose: Responsible for the overall operations for the front of house and kitchen.
Responsible to: General Manager
Liaises with: General Manager, Heads of Department
- Bachelor's degree in food service management or similar
- 5 years of experience in senior management in a hospitality environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and the ability to use all company issues software
Oversees the hire staff, purchase and preparation of food and stock and ensure all students and staff are trained on proper food preparation, kitchen safety and kitchen hygiene. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that the company’s standards are upheld as well as monitoring food cost and waste control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guest Service - interact with customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Kitchen Management including food, costing, pricing, creating work schedules and training.
- Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting MyPond Hotel standards
- Manage F&B hygiene with particular focus towards the kitchen.
- Keep up to date with current trends, promotions and new products
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Manage all F&B related office administration and third party contractors
- Manage and maintain correct staffing levels
- Use food development plan to improve the sales and profitability of the restaurant.
- Maintain accurate food ordering and stocking levels.
- Assist in achieving financial targets set for MyPond Hotel
- Manage wastage through correct product measurement
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, attending courses and completing workbooks
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Carry out instructions given by the management and head office
- Planning and create menus
- Ordering food and supplies from vendors
- Keeping accurate records
- Directly supervises all restaurant and kitchen at the hotel heads.
- Directly supervises student body as per SSA Real World Learning objectives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with MyPond Hotel policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
Send CV’s to email@example.com
Commencement of duties: Immediate
Closing Date: 23rd November 2015