Tuesday, 22 December 2015
Monday, 14 December 2015
We were proud to be the host of the winning team of the South African Schools Premier Boat Race Challenge - St Alban's College. The race took place during the weekend (3rd to the 5th December). Congratulations team, we hope you enjoy your Summer holiday!
Monday, 7 December 2015
It’s that special time of the year when we get to spoil the ones we love. This year, we are offering you the opportunity to buy a gift that gives back. Our fluffy plush Rhino! Together we can work towards a secure future for the animals in South Africa because what sort of a future will it be without them?!
While you may look at the following numbers and see that South Africa has the highest number of Rhino, you should take into consideration that statistics show that the death rate will overshadow the birth rate between 2016-2018 due to poaching. We can use that as an indicator due to the fact that over a 1000 Rhino have been killed this year alone.
The profits raised by the sales of our plush will go to the Wilderness Foundation (www.wildernessfoundation.org), where they will purchase a batwing aircraft that will be used in their anti-poaching mission. For every 5000 sold, an aircraft can be bought.
The plush is being sold for R180 at reception. Contact us if you don’t live in the area but would like to help… email@example.com
Friday, 20 November 2015
It's almost Christmas! Can you believe that another year has gone by? Here at MyPond Hotel, we've had a fantastic 11 months and we're celebrating it together with the ones we love...
YOU, our beloved guests. So if you're in town this December, we would love to have
you over for Christmas dinner. Here's a taste of what you can expect...
A beautiful variety for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. We do hope that we will
see you soon.
Monday, 9 November 2015
Food and Beverage Manager Job Description
Location: Port Alfred, Eastern Cape
Purpose: Responsible for the overall operations for the front of house and kitchen.
Responsible to: General Manager
Liaises with: General Manager, Heads of Department
- Bachelor's degree in food service management or similar
- 5 years of experience in senior management in a hospitality environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and the ability to use all company issues software
Oversees the hire staff, purchase and preparation of food and stock and ensure all students and staff are trained on proper food preparation, kitchen safety and kitchen hygiene. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that the company’s standards are upheld as well as monitoring food cost and waste control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guest Service - interact with customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Kitchen Management including food, costing, pricing, creating work schedules and training.
- Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting MyPond Hotel standards
- Manage F&B hygiene with particular focus towards the kitchen.
- Keep up to date with current trends, promotions and new products
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Manage all F&B related office administration and third party contractors
- Manage and maintain correct staffing levels
- Use food development plan to improve the sales and profitability of the restaurant.
- Maintain accurate food ordering and stocking levels.
- Assist in achieving financial targets set for MyPond Hotel
- Manage wastage through correct product measurement
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, attending courses and completing workbooks
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Carry out instructions given by the management and head office
- Planning and create menus
- Ordering food and supplies from vendors
- Keeping accurate records
- Directly supervises all restaurant and kitchen at the hotel heads.
- Directly supervises student body as per SSA Real World Learning objectives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with MyPond Hotel policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
Send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencement of duties: Immediate
Closing Date: 23rd November 2015
Friday, 6 November 2015
A town perfect for your summer holidays: Port Alfred! Situated in the Eastern Cape, our small town is brimming with joyful vibes. There are so many fun things for you and your family to do while you stay at MyPond Hotel. Let us give you a brief tour…
Divided into East and West Beach by the tamed Kowie River. The East Beach (same side as the school) is idyllic for the avid surfer with waves formed perfectly by the reefs. And if you brought your dogs with you on vacation, this is one of the best places to take them for long uninterrupted walks, with fewest restrictions. Not recommended for swimming. The West Beach is more for the regular tourist, with a few restaurants and a café near the pier, ideal for ice-creams or sundowners or both (you’re on holiday, relax). The Beaches on this side here have lifeguards in chosen spots, look out for the swimming chart for safety please (near the cafe parking lot). The are multiple little spots along the beach road where you can stop and go for a brisk stroll. Remember an umbrella, water, flip-flops and sunscreen!
For the more relaxed sporty tourist, we have an 18 hole golf course speckled with Springbok (for real!) Is it a nature reserve or golf course or cheap lawn maintenance? You decide! Everyone is welcome to come play a few rounds here, clubs/sticks are available to rent.
There are so many to choose from in the nearby area, so we aren’t going to name names here (ask at the reception for some flyers, we do like to promote the locals). Lions, Zebra, Rhino, Elephants, Dung Beetles, Warthogs, Meerkats (It is the Lion King country after all), Giraffe, and of course birds galore.
THE KOWIE RIVER
Whether you are a wild one and enjoy skiing or a romantic and prefer rowboats, this river is big enough and long enough, for all of you. Plus all water transport is available for hire at Kiddies Beach (which we forgot to mention earlier, this is ideal for children as there is a safety net to keep sharks out, tiny waves if you can call them that and the water level never rises higher than 1.5 metres.)
Best of all is the 4 star accommodation that we offer, we actually won the award for best 4 star hotel in the Eastern Cape this year (Lilizela)! Our rooms are spacious, our staff friendly, our in-house restaurant offers superb indoor and outdoor cuisine (including room service) and we are situated besides the river. You couldn’t ask for anything more this holiday.
Trust us, your stay will be blissful.